Registration of NGOs with the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities
How to apply online for Registration with the National Trust –
Before one starts filling up the online form, please go through it carefully –
Check your eligibility – The NGO should have already been working in the field of National Trust related Disabilities namely Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities
2) The NGO should have a valid registration under –
i) – The Societies Act / Public Charitable Trust Act,
ii) – Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Act / RPWD Act, 2016.
iii)- NGO-Darpan Portal of Niti Aayog.
The following documents are required to apply for registration:
- Resolution & Authorization of the Organization to file application for registration (To be uploaded in the online registration form, along with the MOA / Trust Deed etc.).
- Form E (To be generated through online system while filling up the online registration form) for registration under Rule 27(3). All pages duly signed and stamped by authorized signatory.
- Audited Annual Accounts of the latest last two years
- Annual Report of Activities for the latest last three years, focusing more on National Trust disabilities related activities.
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) / Trust Deed along with the latest certificate issued by the Competent Authority as Registrar of Societies etc. regarding details of Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Management Committee Members (To be uploaded after merging in one pdf file).
- Certificate of Registration under Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Act-1995 or Revised Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, 2016.
- Certificate of Registration/ Incorporation under any relevant Act like Societies Registration Act, Public Trust Act.
- Proper Proof of registration on NGO-Darpan Portal of Niti Aayog.
Registration Fees is Rs. 2000/- for urban & Rs. 1000/- for rural area. The fee is to be deposited electronically.
The NGO should upload all the documents with the on-line application.
Hard copies of all requisite documents, including duly signed and stamped Form- E (generated through online process), must be submitted in the National Trust office within seven days of online submission.
In case of any discrepancy found at any later stage between the on-line application and hard copies submitted, the National Trust will be at liberty to cancel/ modify / withdraw its approval. In such a case, the Registration Fees will not be refunded.
The National Trust registration will be generally co-terminus with the registration under PwD Act-1995 or RPWD Act, 2016. During the period, the organization should also have the valid registration on NGO-Darpan Portal of Niti Aayog. The NGOs who are registered with the National Trust and whenever their PWD Act registration expires, shall be given a grace period of 6 months to one year, for getting new registration under PWD Act.
Selecting the Correct Category of the organization, while filling up the online registration form (for New Registration as well as for Renewal of Registration)– While filling up the online registration form, the NGO / RO should appropriately select one of the following three categories of registration with the National Trust –
‘Association of Persons with Disabilities’ – If more than 50% Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Managing Committee Members of the NGO are Persons with National Trust related Disabilities;
‘Association of Parents of Persons with Disabilities’ – If more than 50% Governing Body Members / Board Trustees / Managing Committee Members of the NGO / RO are Parents of Persons with Disabilities related to the National Trust;
‘Voluntary Organization’ – Remaining NGOs / ROs should select this category.
Application for renewal of registration should be submitted to National Trust 6 months prior to expiry of the date of registration under National Trust Act.