ISI Mark Registration Process In India
India, there are certain products that contain the ISI mark on its packaging, and we use these products in our daily life. But many of us don’t know what the mark truly means. In this blog, we’re explaining ISI Mark Registration Process in India in easy way.
List of the Products that require ISI Registration
For the following products, ISI registration is mandatory :
- Steel products
- Electrical Transformers
- Food Products
- Cylinders, valves, and regulators
- Electrical motors
- Stainless Steel plate
- Clinical thermometer
- Packaged Drinking water
- Steel wire and steel sheets
- Kitchen Appliances
ISI Registration Process
As we discussed above, ISI registration is compulsory. If you are thinking to obtain ISI registration, then you have to follow the below steps:
1. Choose the product code
- Firstly, you are required to select the product quality as prescribed in the Indian Standard Institute  .
- Identify an ISI standard code for your product
2. Filing of Application Form
- After choosing the product code, in the next step, you have to file the file the registration application form. (Form-V) .
- Affix all the necessary documents along with the application form.
- In this step, you need to pay fees as required for the certification and inspection of your factory premise.
3. Inspection of the Factory premise
- Upon successful submission of the application, Inspection team and the persons authorized by the Government will visit the factory premise.
- The inspection team and authorized person will inspect the factory premise and quality control process.
- The inspection team will take some samples of your product and good for testing in BIS approved lab.
4. Collect the Test report
- Get lab test report of the sample done by the inspection
- Submit the lap report to BIS.
5. Issuance of ISI registration certificate
BIS, after proper verification of the testing report and application form, will issue a registration certificate.
How much time is required to get ISI registration certificate?
Generally, it takes 30 days from the date of submission of an application to get ISI registration certificate.
Documents Required in ISI Mark Registration Process
If you are willing to take ISI registration, then you have to submit certain documents as described below:
- Registration certificate of the company
- Receipt of Property tax
- Insurance policy
- If the property is rented, then submit the rent agreement
- Telephone bill
- Electricity bill
- Bank statement
- Aadhar card of the directors of the company
- Voter ID card
- Driving License
- Copy of test reports
- List of Manufacturing machinery
- Copies of calibration certificates of testing equipment
Levy of Penalty for Falsification of ISI mark
Where it finds that manufacture of any goods or products counterfeits the registered mark, then a penalty of Rs. 50,000 along with imprisonment up to one year will levy on that manufacturer.