- Prerequisites for uploading TDS returns
Before you start uploading the return, you must ensure the following.
- You must hold a valid TAN and it should be registered for e-filing
- Your TDS statements should be prepared using Return Preparation Utility (RPU) and validated using File Validation Utility (FVU)
- You can prepare your returns in an easy manner using ClearTDS
- You should have a valid DSC registered for e-filing if you wish to upload using DSC
- The principal contact’s bank account or demat account details should be provided or the principal contact’s PAN should be linked with Aadhar if you wish to upload using EVC.
How to upload TDS Statemnets on income Tax Portal
Go to http://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and click on ‘Login.
Enter your login credentials and click on ‘Login’. Your user ID will be your TAN.
Once you’ve logged in, click on the ‘Upload TDS’ option under the TDS tab.
You will be provided with a form where you will need to select the correct details. Once the details are selected, click on Validate.
The returns can be validated through the following modes:
- Validate using DSC or Digital Signature Certificate.
- The TDS statements can be uploaded using DSC. To upload using DSC, first upload the TDS zip file and also attach the digital signature file. Then, click on Upload.