Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in 1985 through an act for the development and promotion of export of scheduled products. It provides financial assistance, information, guidelines towards the development of scheduled products. The products specified under the APEDA ACT are called schedule products and exporters of such scheduled products are required register under APEDA.
For registering under APEDA, the applicant should submit the application form within 1 month from the date of undertaking the business. If the exporter of scheduled products fails to register within that time limit due to sufficient cause, such date can be extended only by the Authority.
Once the application duly filed and paid by the applicant, the authority will issue Registration -Cum- Membership- Certificate (RCMC). This registration is one-time registration and all the registered members are governed by the rules & regulations under APEDA Act
Documents are required for registration
- Duly signed an application form
- Copy of Import-Export code issued by D.G.F.T.
- Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities
- Bank A/c. statement of the bank account of the firm (for latest 2 months)
- Canceled cheque
Online registration process
With the objective of simplification of procedures and ease of doing business with effect from 1.8.2015, the issuance of RCMC has been made online using digital signatures. Exporters can submit an application online and the steps are listed below:
- Login to the APEDA Website and click on “Register as Member” tab
- Enter the basic detail – IE CODE, Email ID & Mobile number and then submit
- One Time Password for confirming the details will be sent on E-mail and mobile number and the same has to be entered on the verification screen and click on Submit to proceed.
- Once verification is complete, fill in the online application and upload the required documents. The documents should be in the JPEG, PDF or PNG formats only.
- On-line application can be completed in one or more sessions by revisiting the website using the assigned OTP. Once the information is entered in the respective fields, save the data. The data entered can be edited until online payment is not made.
- Fee for the registration is Rs. 5000/- excluding taxes and can be made through any of the following modes:
- Credit Card(MasterCard and Visa)
- Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Demand draft in favor of “APEDA” payable with respective cities
7. After completion of Payment process, an application number will be generated. This is application number and required for future reference.
8. On issuance of RCMC, Login detail will be sent to the registered email of the exporter. The Exporter may login into their account through “Exporter Login” link given at APEDA website.
9. Status of the RCMC application can be viewed by clicking the “Track Application” link to view the status of the application by submitting the IE Code and Application number until it is issued.
10. If there is any shortcoming in the application the exporter will have to monitor and resubmit the document online.
11. The final procedure is the approval of RCMC from APEDA officials and once the approval is granted the Certificate can be taken using APEDA Login under the heading of “View RCMC Certificate” under RCMC Menu.
Further details are available on APEDA’s website